What a holiday!
So I'm back from Bangkok. Told my Mom that I'll come back to sunny Singapore and scream that I love Bangkok - here goes, I love Bangkok!! Haha okay, so much for screaming. The trip was really shopping, eating, sleeping and sight-seeing. Can't believe I spent 4 days doing all that alone. But it was fun :D
I didn't buy the whole of Bangkok, though I really wanted to. I didn't have so much to carry till our bags weighed over 60kg, it was only 40.2kg in all :) Bangkok's a great place, though the air is a little polluted and traffic is actually quite scary. The culture, the art and the people really overwhelmed me though I was seen to be ignorant due to my obsession for shopping. The people are really friendly, polite, cute and super sweeeet! That aside, the Thai people really revere their King. The same King that ruled for 60 years and celebrated his 79th birthday on the 5th. Everywhere in Bangkok where pictures of him and yellow. Lots of yellow - it's the royal colour. They're so creative and detailed in terms of their art. Even though they're poor, the Thai people are so happy and optimistic. Everywhere you go, they'll smile so sweetly at you, for the girls that is.
Okay, enough of Bangkok. Think I've gone utterly crazy ever since I've been to Chaktuchak. It's the craziest but most fun place to go to :D Since it was only open on the weekend, we went for 3-4 hours on Saturday and decided not to go back on Sunday but ended up going back on Sunday too. My parents are really the best and funniest! Think it was a great trip for them too. Guess this is it for the holidays for now.
I haven't entered the whole Christmas atmosphere yet though. It seems to be this way year after year, but God is good, I end up being excited and all in the end :) I hope and pray gifts, cards, etc will be done soon. I really don't want to miss anyone out. It'll be a sweet Christmas, I believe! I think I really lost touch of blogging, gah? Okay, because I need to get used to it all over again. Life has been good so far, being able to relax and just breathe.
It has been quite a while since I was really able to let it all go, to let my hair down and just be in the company of friends. Most of all, to spend quality time with God, to seek Him for the upcoming year, for so many things. Sometimes, it's just being in His presence and being soaked in His love. I wonder, are impressions all that important? Yeah, I agree. They do make a difference, an impact, somehow. Many speak about first impressions, but how many think about long, lasting and deep impressions? Why be satisfied being just an acquaintance to someone? Why be? Just like Switchfoot's song, We were meant to live for so much more, don't you think? Give a good impression, but why not give a lasting one too? After all, we're all human beings trying to live as best as we can, while we can.
And Buddy, here's your shout out :) I know I'm not so much of an entertainer but I'll just be a friend alright? We're both happy just being friends, haha! Okay, happy puppet dancing alright.
Bye everyone!
I didn't buy the whole of Bangkok, though I really wanted to. I didn't have so much to carry till our bags weighed over 60kg, it was only 40.2kg in all :) Bangkok's a great place, though the air is a little polluted and traffic is actually quite scary. The culture, the art and the people really overwhelmed me though I was seen to be ignorant due to my obsession for shopping. The people are really friendly, polite, cute and super sweeeet! That aside, the Thai people really revere their King. The same King that ruled for 60 years and celebrated his 79th birthday on the 5th. Everywhere in Bangkok where pictures of him and yellow. Lots of yellow - it's the royal colour. They're so creative and detailed in terms of their art. Even though they're poor, the Thai people are so happy and optimistic. Everywhere you go, they'll smile so sweetly at you, for the girls that is.
Okay, enough of Bangkok. Think I've gone utterly crazy ever since I've been to Chaktuchak. It's the craziest but most fun place to go to :D Since it was only open on the weekend, we went for 3-4 hours on Saturday and decided not to go back on Sunday but ended up going back on Sunday too. My parents are really the best and funniest! Think it was a great trip for them too. Guess this is it for the holidays for now.
I haven't entered the whole Christmas atmosphere yet though. It seems to be this way year after year, but God is good, I end up being excited and all in the end :) I hope and pray gifts, cards, etc will be done soon. I really don't want to miss anyone out. It'll be a sweet Christmas, I believe! I think I really lost touch of blogging, gah? Okay, because I need to get used to it all over again. Life has been good so far, being able to relax and just breathe.
It has been quite a while since I was really able to let it all go, to let my hair down and just be in the company of friends. Most of all, to spend quality time with God, to seek Him for the upcoming year, for so many things. Sometimes, it's just being in His presence and being soaked in His love. I wonder, are impressions all that important? Yeah, I agree. They do make a difference, an impact, somehow. Many speak about first impressions, but how many think about long, lasting and deep impressions? Why be satisfied being just an acquaintance to someone? Why be? Just like Switchfoot's song, We were meant to live for so much more, don't you think? Give a good impression, but why not give a lasting one too? After all, we're all human beings trying to live as best as we can, while we can.
And Buddy, here's your shout out :) I know I'm not so much of an entertainer but I'll just be a friend alright? We're both happy just being friends, haha! Okay, happy puppet dancing alright.
Bye everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home